You are my worst distraction, Kunle cries out.

I have always been an ardent supporter of this memorable saying; "a man's heart will never be complete without a woman's love". I have always echoed this often said biblical quote at marriage venues; "he who finds a mate has found a good thing". 




I have always said it; "being single is not a human attribute justifying it with Adam and Eve's creation story" How myopic i was! i was wrong, very wrong, very very wrong. All of those were not meant for the ever ambitious youth.

Having a girlfriend or boyfriend in your younger years is like towing a lorry to a range-rover. It is simply "carrying an extra responsibility you're not physically, emotionally, financially and spiritually matured to carry". At this juncture, you don't think straight, your sense of judgment is clouded, you are biased, sentimental, confused and last of all, DISTRACTED

Ever since my late adolescent, i have been involved, and now in my early twenties; i can say in all truthfulness that i have never benefited any good from any relationship, my studies were drastically affected, my ambition was seemingly becoming a 'fainted smoke' as days went by, my relationship with God suffered. All my thoughts was about her. On wake-up, it's her. Before sleep, it's her. I enjoyed the euphoric and ephemeral happiness her presence portrays and replaced it with the eternal comfort and everlasting joy in God's presence. My siblings also suffered it cos they saw less of me.

Yes, two good heads, they say are better than one, but for an ambitious and energetic young mind like myself; "to go far is to go alone".

To all my friends[age grade] out there, I know you have your distractions. To some, it's Facebook or football. To another, it's online betting, night parties, alcohol, drugs and cigarette. But, believe me; SHE WAS MY WORST DISTRACTION.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ADEBOYE AND OYEDEPO: MEN OF GOD OR MEN OF GOB? by Sylvanus Omoniyi

One day, I'll write about this place

Taiwo Adewole, a man from the past future