A Letter To My Future Wife By Kosoko Oyeyemi

Not all the Time Politics and Motivation sometimes LOVE :: Dear Future Wife, I am not exactly sure of where You are right now. I can’t tell what colour. of attire you are wearing.

I am Very Uncertain about the Names You would want our children to bear, but I am certain of One thing, Like Me I know You exist and carry the desire to have a home and a Good husband to call Yours one day

Dear future  wife, I Hope to make a good husband, a good father and friend to my kids and Hopefully I'd be part of the national reconstruction of this Gigantic and diversified edifice called Nigeria.

Honey, I still don't appreciate Music the way My folks do, only few rhythms and lyrics would make me to shake my Head, Probably when I meet You, it might change.

Dear future wife,  Just like my friends I derive pleasure from watching soccer, Please accommodate my Craze for Football don't cook that special meal on a Day Madrid is Playing Barcelona and don't fix the special date on a champions league final night, Honey I also won't interfere in Your Telemundo and Zeeworld movies ..

Dear Future Wife,  like every other akokite, I did an unoffcial elective in Unilag I.e Moremi, Makama ,Fagunwa etc and I failed abysmally in em, But I won't fail in my duties to You as Husband a good father and grand father.

Honey,  I may not fall within the imagery of your dream man. I don’t have bulging muscle neither do I own the now legendary 6 packs. I have had the honour of several lovely female friends. I am still friends with them, and I also have a pool of real male friends I can always rely on and a
number of adults I run to for advice and counsel. I think you also deserve to know that I have a mentor who looks out for me as well.

Dear future wife, One thing is assured, I will love you beyond what you may have seen in Nollywood, Hollywood, Ghollywood, ‘Sollywood’ or Kannywood. As to Bollywood, I cannot promise since I have awful dance steps and can’t sing more than a few songs from beginning to the end.

Dear future wife, this is 2016 and I understand things have change , I also stand with the ideals of True Feminism, Thus I am not hoping to marry a cook, a laundry girl, a house cleaner or a domestic aid. No,
that’s not the deal. I am not discounting that these will have to be done but your responsibility is more than that. I know you will have dreams and I promise to help you keep them alive, But honey if need be, we would sacrifice part of our dreams so that those of our children can find wings.

One Last  important thing honey, I am a muslim and I believe that the  shortest distance between a problem and finding solution is the same as the distance between the knees and the ground. We would pray together to make sure things happen the way God desires it for us.

 I hope you meet this wonderful dude soon, same way I long to be part of your own family. Till me meet on the aisle and are declared
husband and wife, it’s your future husband

I Love You hun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ADEBOYE AND OYEDEPO: MEN OF GOD OR MEN OF GOB? by Sylvanus Omoniyi

One day, I'll write about this place

Taiwo Adewole, a man from the past future